It’s been awhile since I shared an update on my 30 before 30 list. And the big day is coming up faster that I realized. A lot has happened this year!
• The first thing is that I finally got my portfolio up! Yey! And it’s perfect timing because as soon as I did that I actually ended up going freelance. Perfect timing, right?
• I am working on crossing a few new things off my list: reading more, meditating more, taking more pictures (thanks instagram!) and writing more handwritten notes.
• Lastly, the mister and I are moving in together in a month! Eeeexciting! But, I am sad to say that because of the new lease agreement, my number 1 on the list, getting a dog, is not looking like it’s going to happen before September, since we can’t have pets in the new place. But someday…
More to come.
Here’s a recap for the end of the year on my 30 before 30 list I wrote on my birthday a few months ago.
All the orange stars are in progress:
1. lined up a baby bulldog for the bf’s 40th in a few weeks, but he decided we better wait until the new condo is finally and officially ours
3. Been trying to read the books for book club more, but also have read a few on my own, which is progress. But I am in the process of starting my own book club with a guy a work. It’s going to be a co-ed book club (think more outdoors people that like beer). Just leave a comment if you’d like to join! Startin’ in the New Year, probably in a few months.
4. Lost 3! 7 to go! yey, it’s a start.
5. Finally have a doctors appointment to discuss my knee pain. I’ve tried rest for over 4-5 months now and it’s not getting better. It’s been too long since i have really run and I am missing it. I know a PR is in my cards when that heals.
7. The bf got be a few Voice Lessons. Just need to sign up now.
10. My Cargo Collective portfolio is nearly all set. Just a few more comps to get up there.
11. Thanks to Jessica Hische and Strange Native, this helps a lot! And so does all the programmers I work around everyday. I am getting there slowly.
13. I bake this pumpkin pie and this berry pie for Christmas dinner. Both were a hit!
19. The bf and I hired a personal trainer in the building to work out with 2 times a week. Definitely helped me loose the 3 lbs!
And there’s more to cross off the list in the new year! Here’s to my official last day of work! Happy New Year! 2011, it’s been interesting. Mostly good. But looking forward to 2012!